Monday, July 16, 2007

Arrived Safe and Sound

Anchorage.

Pretty huh?

Arrived safe and sound with no delays other than a ten minute boarding hiccup.


Totally felt like I was having my own Groundhog Day movie moment as the gate I flew out of Wednesday was D9. Today it was D11. Pretty much right next door to one another and I could have sworn I saw some of the same people from Wednesday there today.


The attendant at MasterPark remembered me from Friday night and welcomed me back with the biggest smile I have seen in a very long time. What a nice way to start the morning off.


We asked, over lunch, how many hours of daylight there is and they said define daylight. Apparently we will have a solid 18 hours with 5.5 hours of twilight. Wicked.


As I type this from the conference room and look out the window, it appears as if it is high noon.


Hope things are good in your world. It's back to auditing paperwork for me.


Peace and Love Peeps.


EDITED at 11:30 PM PST/10:30 PM Alaska Time: Holy heck. Calling this the land of the midnight sun is no joke peeps. We are still wearing our sunglasses at 10:15 PM!


I'd totally forgotten when you walk into a hotel up here you will be hit smack in the face with taxidermy here. Taxidermy there. Taxidermy everywhere.

That is Tina's little friend. Isn't he cute? His name is JoJo and this is how he rolls according to my road dog/co-worker Terry. He is chillin' with da' bears.

And before I sign off for the night I am sending a rant out to the mean little lady who thought it would be nice to laugh at me at the front desk when we were checking in.

She thought it was funny they couldn't find my room reservation and I was about to be SOL with no rooms in the midtown or downtown area of the city.

Ha! Poo on you. Not only did I have a reservation but I am a diamond member with the free upgrade to the suite.

The reservation dude felt horrible about making me dig my itinerary from my briefcase. They decided, according to him, to start checking in gold and diamond members prior to their arrival in an effort to reduce the amount of time it takes to check in. In doing so, the net result is supposed to provide excellent customer service.

Um oopsie. It backfired on the frazzled man this evening. I told him no worries but he was super embarrassed when he found my room card already waiting for me, especially since I had to wait an extra ten minutes for him to check in another guest.

So to you. Yes you. You mean crap ass woman in the lime green outfit who thought you were getting a laugh over on me, the laugh is really on you. Ha! You ended up getting booted out when my co-worker got checked in.

Karma can be a bitch can't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, 18 hours of daylight, that's cool as shit. i love it.
and i'll go put jojos info up on his site.