Monday, July 30, 2007

Reflection


When you see this, what do you think of?

A glass half empty? Or a glass half full?

What I see, as much as I would like to believe I see the positive side in all things, is a glass half empty.

I try to end my day with some quiet time in reflection.

Tonight, as I was mulling over the details of the day, I became mesmerized by my glass of tea. I got lost in the image and found myself stuck in the thought of it being half empty versus half full.

I started to wonder if seeing it this way has something to do with anything or if this is something people tend to over analyze. After all, it is only a glass of liquid. Or is it?

Is it more? Or is it less?

I don't want or need more tea in the glass. I just see it as empty versus being full.

It began to weigh heavily so I walked away from my chair and grabbed a random card from my Four Agreements Deck and the message card I randomly selected three times in a row states, "Even the opinions you have about yourself are not necessarily true. Therefore, you don't need to take whatever you hear in your own mind personally."

Here's to releasing self-judgement and allowing myself to see it for what it is, in this moment of time.

3 comments:

Summer said...

We were having the half full half empty conversation this weekend. My son and I both said the same thing. It depends on whether you are filling it up or drinking out of it at the time.

We're weird like that.

Carrie said...

I've always seen it as half full, and asked if I could have more. Ü

kimmyk said...

I've always seen it half full. But I gotta admit I tell myself I see it half full even when there are times when it's obviously half empty.

What is an Four Agreements Deck?