Friday, July 06, 2007

Night In


Boycotted everybody and everything last night except for the kitties, a jug of water, the fan, and this book.

Read that sucker last night. Good, quick read in which I was able to forget about all the stuff weighing on my mind and was kept guessing until the last few pages.

I love summer reading. I love being able to curl up with a good book on my patio, on my couch, in my bed and lose myself in the pages. A simple pleasure I indulge in.

I am up for recommendations so let me know what you think is a good read. I'll log on to my library's website and start placing holds.

Peace and Love Peeps.

4 comments:

Lilibet said...

I love anything by Sue Townsend, but you have to be a bit of an anglophile to get the humour / humor. Love her books.

Also, for chick-lit, I like Marian Keyes or Keynes? Her book "under the duvet" is good.

Anonymous said...

I recently enjoyed "Adventures of a Continental Drifter: An Around the World Excursion into Weirdness, Danger, Lust and the Perils of Street Food" by Elliott Hester.

He's a former flight attendant (like me!) who -- after 9/11, sold all of his stuff and bought a plane ticket around the world. Then he wrote about his considerable adventures.

He is a very funny writer and I highly recommend it! He also wrote a previous book called "Plane Insanity" -- tales from his flight attendant days -- that is downright hilarious. I think I recommend that one even more.

Happy reading!

Right now I am staring at an unopened copy of "Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Solution." Can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I forgot -- here is the link to Elliott's web site. I am a huge fan of his and had the opportunity to meet him briefly at a book signing a few years back. Right now I am an armchair traveler (see: dental bills), so I have to live vicariously through his writing.


http://www.elliotthester.com/reviews_cd.html

Mo said...

Sunny, Those sound fun! Going on the list. Thanks :)