Thursday, July 05, 2007

Spanaway Wimbledon


This is how we ended up spending the 4th.
Friends BBQ Laughter iPod Rocking Fun in the Sun Fireworks Low Key Day GOOD TIMES
No paddles up a tree this day but the competitive edge was large and in charge nonetheless.

Adam currently is the victor of the Spanaway Wimbledon. He was victorious a few weeks back too so I am sure round three will follow at some point in the coming weeks. I was knocked out in the second round. :(
We grilled some chicken and bratwurst with cheese. Scarfed on some beans, tater salad, macaroni salad, and as you have come to know and love, sucked down goose, lemonade, and Bud Light.
We didn't go out to see any fireworks. The neighborhood was alive with plenty of those. Until well after midnight.
I've fortunately never been in a war zone but looking at the streets this morning, seeing the night sky lit up, smelling that firecracker smell, and hearing the money going up in smoke, I'd have to say it probably came pretty close.
So dear internet peeps, tell me how you spent the holiday.

2 comments:

Addy said...

Sigh.

IL's.

Need I say more?

Mo said...

Nope. No need to say more. I remember those days. Not so much fun. But then again, I did not get along too well with his family so of course they were not fun. I always felt so very uncomfortable.