Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning Rant

Bear with me peeps as I need a moment to vent.

Remember these?


My favorite black pumps. My stand bys. My go-to shoes. My most comfortable pair of heels.

Let me just state for the record they have been worn thin over the last year. They need to be re-heeled and the front needs a little re-sole action too.

For the last two weeks I have stopped by numerous times to the local shoe repair shop only to find the store closed. The posted hours indicate the shop should be open but do you think there is anyone there?

Um that would be no. A big, in your face, dark window, no one is home, NO. Oh, but if I want to chance it, I can drop the shoes off in a slot with a filled out tag indicating all of my personal information and what I would like done.

I don't think so.

Finally, I found another repair shop locally. I'm on my way there after work to drop off my lovelies. Thank you baby Jesus!

They will be getting my money from here on out providing they don't mess up the repairs. I'm hard on my shoes and the person who owns the other shop, you are missing out on business. Not only would I have been a repeat customer but I would have spread the word if you were good.

I just want to say, if you have a business, with posted hours of operation, it would be nice for you to be there. If you don't want to be at your shop all day, have a sign and an outgoing voicemail message indicating you are by appointment only.

Otherwise you are just executing bad business in my opinion.

Poo on you.

Also, to those people who find it necessary to point out I am short, double poo on you. I never tried to hide the fact I am 5'4. You just thought I was taller. You know what they say about making assumptions...

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Okay first off, I am barely hitting 5'0". Barely. I say I'm 5'1 my doctor says differently but who asked her ya know? Anyways, I can't wear heels. I walk like a really bad drag queen in 'em. Now give me some flip flops or some trainers and girl I can work it on out. But not so much in heels. Your heels are always pretty. You could seriously hurt someone though with them...like poke an eye out or somethin.

Mo said...

Or stick it in their arse. Which is exactly where I wanted to stick my ballet flats today. Numerous times.

Thanks for the pretty shoe comment. I readily admit I have a shoe issue. I dress relatively conservatively for work and let my other side show through in my foot wear. Me likey heels.

Mo said...

And me also likey flip flops. A lot. If I could I would wear them to work but nope, I'm not allowed.

I'll never forget the first time Pete asked if I owned a pair of tennis shoes. I had to take him to the closet and show him my cross trainers and my leather casual sneaks to prove it to him. Only then would he believe it.

Carrie said...

A business not being open when their hours clearly state that they should be makes me crazy..really drives me mad.
I don't want to keep coming back.
The idea of dropping your beloved shoes off through a slot with your personal info...Ehhhh, I'm with you, no!