Sunday, July 01, 2007

You Know You Are With . . .


. . . Your best friend when you both show up to the Olive Garden sporting a pair of camo pants, a tank top, a zip up hoodie, and a pair of gold flips flops.
Friday night around 9ish Kyla calls for us to go grab grub. We decide soup, salad, breadsticks, and a bottle of wine will hit the spot nicely.
So we both quickly freshen up and head out.
Upon arrival, I look at her. She looks at me. We can only laugh and roll with it.
She was sporting her gray hoodie, pinkish Marilyn Monroe tank top, camo pants, and gold sandals.
I was sporting my faded green hoodie, white tank top, camo pants, and gold flip flops.
Yea, that's how we do.
After dinner, and being the absolute last patrons in the place, we decide to head to the 24 Hour Super Wal*Mart.
I needed some kitty litter and tp. She was going along for the excursion and was hoping to find some galvanized open face metal containers.
I got my litter, tp, and then some. We must have walked every aisle in that place.
Lawn and Garden - Check. Crafts - Check. Electronics - Check. Greeting Cards - Check. Seasonal Section - Check. Personal Items - Check. Food - Check. Furniture - Check. Clothing and Accessories - Check.
Oh wait, we didn't hit up the automotive or sporting goods. And for the love of god we could not find the books.
Retail therapy shopping after a bottle of pinot noir is fabulous. $88.00 later for me and $100.00+ later for her we departed around 3:00AM.
Keep in mind Kyla didn't have a need to go but she did get some sweet stuff nonetheless. Love ya' girl. {We still need to find those containers so if you know where to check, hook a sista' up}
Peace and Love Peeps. I'm off to clean up a bit and do a party popping play list. Peeps are coming through later to hang by the pool and chill.
Wish y'all were with here with us.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

We useta go midnight strolling through Wal*Mart before I had kids. We'd hit up the cereal isles. I don't know why. I like going late at night no one is there.

I couldn't eat Olive Garden at 9'ish. I would be sick and passed out from too many carbs. The thought of it made me yawn.

I'm not so sure I could hang with you girls. Night owls.

Try the Container Store for the baskets. Do you have one of those? LOVE that store. They have everything!

Mo said...

Kimmy,
EXACTLY. Late at night is the best time to go. You can browse and browse and not have to worry about someone being all up in your space, getting in your way, making you feel like a jack for not selecting your item quickly enough.

You could hang. This is I am pretty sure of. We'll go easy on you at first but if you want to curl up and take a nap, we'll make sure no one messes with you or your stuff.