Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today (w an Update)





This is how I wish I could spend the day.

Relaxing. Shutting the world out. Doing nothing but living in my world. Introspection. Being me with only me.

But I know this would not be good. It would not be conducive to a healthy day. I would most likely put myself back in a funk.

I need to clean my space. Yes, it is actually dirty. I have more cat hair on my black, white, and gray rug than is acceptable. I have dishes in the sink. Beer bottles on the counter. Mounds of laundry to be done.

I need to go grocery shopping. I need to pick up my mail. I have library books I need to return. I have a retirement party to attend this evening on the waterfront. A career assessment plan to complete.

I have life that needs to be lived but I'd rather curl up and just be.



EDITED @ 3:35 PM: I have done the dishes, threw the beer bottles in a bag to be recycled, talked myself into going to the retirement party, and busted out a card in five minutes to honor a man who is close to my heart, will be missed, and has worked for the company longer than I have been on this earth.

Have y'all noticed how difficult it can be to make "manly" cards? I hope he likes my attempt at honoring him. It doesn't begin to do him justice. He's one of the good ones.



The inside reads:

Dick,

I wish you the best in this next chapter of your life.


I hope retirement is all you imagine it to be, that your dreams come true, the journeys you embark upon bring you joy, and that you believe in the possibilities while cherishing each day.


I will miss your smile, candid comments, and twinkle in your eyes.


Warmest Regards, Me


See how I tried to tie the outside words in with the message? I thought it was pretty good for making a card on the fly.

And lookie at the crafty mess I made.


Peace and Love Peeps. I'm going to jump in the tanning bed and get ready for the party. In case you are wondering what I will be wearing, I have decided on the red and white halter dress with the white canvas peep toe wedges.

Laters taters.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

that's how i feel today.
i made an early dinner and now i want to just go lay down on the couch and watch a movie or maybe take a nap i'm not sure yet.

sometimes it's good to do nothing.

Summer said...

Hey Girly.. Thanks for stopping by. How was the party?