Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 4th




Happy 4th to you and yours and especially to those with loved ones serving in the military.

Our freedoms are not to be taken lightly. What some consider our given right are directly related to the sacrifices you and yours make. I thank you.

I'd like to say I have big plans for the holiday but as of this moment, I am not sure exactly what I am doing. Having the holiday fall in the middle of the week, without taking any vacation, to extend the holiday makes it a little hard to celebrate like normal.

What's normal? Camping. Day of fun in the sun on the lake. BBQ. And um, well you know, drinks with the peeps.

We've tossed around a lot of ideas but no one really knows what is going on. I'm thinking at minimum I will be hanging by the pool for a few hours and then head over to Pete's in the afternoon.

What about you? How are you spending the day? I hope with family and friends doing something you love.

And before I forget and at the risk of sounding uber cheesy, I remembered it was one year ago I met you.

You my shopping companion. You my music loving, sing-a-long, buddy. You my crackalacking voice mail leaving friend. You my drunk texting fool. You my soul searching, keeping it real, Dr. Phil and Oprah loving comrade. You my straight fashion diva man. You my dark piece of chocolate.

Yes, you is Ace and I am glad our paths have crossed. I've enjoyed the ride so far and hope there are more times to come.

Peace and Love Peeps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A brother got a shoutout. I'm on my way to being a star baby...you want to come....bring "drunk""Pete"